Winter babies v Summer babies
Family planning on your mind? Well, here are some super interesting facts about having a winter or summer baby:
• Children born between June-October are likely to be slightly taller and have bigger bones than winter born babies. This is thought to be related to more Vitamin D in mums at 37 weeks of pregnancy during the lighter months.
• Babies born in summer are more likely to be short-sighted than children born in winter. This may be due to increased exposure to natural light during pregnancy and the first few months of life.
• Arranging birthday parties and potty training is definitely easier for parents of summer babies.
• Spring-born children tend to enter deep sleep state later in the night than autumn-born children. One possible reason is that our internal body clocks may be affected by our exposure to sunlight at birth.
• Children born in the autumn/winter in the UK tend to perform better in primary school tests. This is not because they’re cleverer, it’s simply because children born in the summer are the youngest in their year group when school starts in September.
Send us your Xmas Snaps!
Would you like to WIN a yoomi 8oz Feeding system? Read on…
The New Year is here and to mark the start of all things new we want to see your favourite festive season snaps…! x
To enter, simply SHARE your photo with #yoomiXmasSnaps or upload it here
WIN with Cheeky Chompers!
This month we have teamed up with our good friends at Cheeky Chompers to bring you a fabulous competition!
The Cheeky Chompers Chew Pack combines the Comfortchew, a luxurious attachable teething comforter and the Neckerchew, the worlds first chewy dribble bib for teething tots, in a stylish matching pack.
But that’s not all… we’re also offering you the chance to WIN a lovable Chewy Hippo teether! Just launched, Chewy is guaranteed to be a huge hit! Beautifully made from soft natural latex rubber, this stimulating teething toy will provide your baby with a unique sensory experience whilst soothing sore gums!
To WIN, simply answer the question below by clicking here
What is the Chewy Hippo Teether made from?
A.) 100% cotton
B.) Natural latex rubber